Thursday, October 25, 2012

Help Me with My Headboard

As you know, I have recently moved into a new place, which is exciting and terrifying at the same time. However, as we get settled I am trying to decide how I want to decorate. I have a gazillion frames, lots of pointless knick knacks, and plenty of ideas. However, these are not the things currently on my mind. Right now, I am stumbling over our headboard.

I am going to do a non-headboard headboard because I am not the four poster bed person, nor would it fit into our bedroom with slanted ceilings. So we need a solution, and I have a start. I need your help to complete the thought.

Unfortunately I can't track down where I got this idea so I can't give credit. I saw a tutorial for using thrift store canvas art to create a headboard. I thought it was a fun idea, and everyone loves an excuse to go to the thrift store. So I found myself three used pieces of canvas to repaint and repurpose. I believe I am going to do them in a deep red color...well at least two of them. The third one is where you come in. After scouring pinterest, I have decided that I want to paint a quote onto the canvas that will hang in the center, and not just any quote....something lovey! Something perfect for hanging above this young married couples heads as they sleep.

I am sure you are thinking this sounds like a simple task...wrong! Have you read all those lovey, dovey quotes they have out there. How am I supposed to pick one?

So this is what we will do:

1. I will share my favorites (which you will see below)
2. You will share your favorites or alternatives (link to or type in a comment below)
3. I will pick my three favorite (which I will announce in a secondary blog post)
4. You will pick your fav of my three fav (you follow me?)
5. The one with the most votes wins becomes my new headboard. : )

Up for the challenge?
Ready, set, go! Pour all your love (quotes) on me!


Gave credit where I could. Here is a link to my Pinterest Board titled "Just for Us" where you can see some other quotes and things that I like.
~RB

soroyalty.tumblr.com


http://www.etsy.com/listing/79403418/youre-my-happily-ever-after-wood-sign

http://southernclasss.tumblr.com/post/33341465382


http://www.etsy.com/listing/96138058/i-love-you-to-the-moon-typography-word

http://tshirtsideas.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. What about something like this? Take wood letters from the craft store and paint over them on the canvas.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/219761656786373999/

    You could do any saying you like, I LOVE the one in the example, it says "And they lived happily ever after..." or maybe your initials "R&M"

    Out of the examples you have given, my favorite for you two would be "Happiness is being married to your best friend."

    I hope this helped! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina! Thanks for sharing! That is a really cute idea! Exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for! Thank you! Feel free to post more if you come across anything. : )

      Delete
  2. My favorite is "Now I'm in a whole new world with you" from Walt Disney's Aladdin. Instead of just the song title I like the lyric portion that Jasmine sings right before the "whole new world" chorus part. It shows just where she is. Plus the whole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for the idea! I do really like Disney movies and that song. I will have to take a look at the lyrics. :)

      Delete
  3. its a little long but it seems appropriate since it was your first dance song. :)
    "So baby, hold on tight, don't let go
    Hold onto the love we're making
    'Cause baby, when the ground starts shaking
    You gotta know when you've got a good thing"
    Perhaps a variation on the chorus or something. Also, you know me and movies...I would vote for a romantic movie quote any day. Maybe a movie that is special to the both of you? I love this idea of yours and I can't wait to see a finished project!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea! I am going to have to look at the lyrics and get an idea of something I could use or just condense. You're the best! That's why I let you be in my wedding. :P

      Delete